SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

Would these appliances go well together? Your advice please!

ostrich
5 years ago

As you may see from my other thread about the 42" FD built-in fridge, I am trying to select the appliances for my new home. After thinking about it for a long time, I have come up with the following priorities:

1. It would be nice to have a combination steam oven! I think that I would use this a lot, more so than my regular oven. Honestly, I would probably then only have an additional regular wall oven so that it's going to have a "double wall oven" there.

2. Gas rangetop vs induction cooktop - still cannot decide on this one as I do a lot of wok cooking BUT my woks do have a flat bottom! But let's assume that I will get an induction cooktop for now.

3. Ventilation - would love a quiet but powerful one.

4. Microwave - probably would get a stand alone machine because the speed ovens and built-in ones seem to be much less powerful (1000W or below while I can get a Panasonic or LG one wiith 1200W power for much less).

5. Dishwasher - I don't use it as much so nothing too fancy but quietness and reliability would be important.

6. Fridge - I have space for 36, 42 or even 48" built-in fridge there, but I am leaning towards a 42" built in FD for now.

Given these priorities, I have come up with the following list - please comment:

1. CSO/oven - Miele 6865 because I love its capacity and the fact that it's plumbed in, while the Wolf one is not plumbed in. Then to add a trim kit around it to make it look 30" wide, and pair it with a Miele 6180.

2. Induction cooktop - Bosch Benchmark 36" NITP668UC. The Miele one has less powerful and its shiny surface seems to be show more scratches. The Wolf one has a better layout with the big one on the far right hand side, so that is another contender.

3. Ventilation - should I go with a Vent-A-Hood here? Or go with a Bosch HCG56651UC? Or something else?

4. Dishwasher - probably something mid-range by Bosch

What do you think? I know these will work well for me, and it's within my budget, but would they also look good together? I think that Bosch is not quite at the same league as Miele, so will they be OK together?

If I go with a gas rangetop that will be a whole different story....!!! Yikes.... the Miele 36" rangetop is very nice but it generates too much power so that the ventilation will be a nightmare as my builder already told me what the CFM limit is for my new home and the Miele 36" gas rangetop will be too much for it.... hmm..... so what 36" gas rangetop would you get in order for me to stay with a 600CFM ventilation system?

Your advice will be really appreciated! Thank you.

Comments (14)