SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_willis1260

Trying to Minimize Without Losing Room Designations

Aimee Willis
5 years ago
We have a very narrow living/dining room combination room (11x25). We spend a great deal of time in our living room, resulting in our dining room becoming a useless space and catch all because we rarely entertain. My husband eats in the living room using a TV tray that’s how overlooked the dining room is.

I’m wanting to get rid of our large furniture minus the sectional and dog beds. I can’t move the tv location because of where our cable is located and the line not being able to be moved (I already tried this). I love floating shelves but my husband says if we put floating shelves in both spaces that it would be too much. I thought about a sofa console table behind the sectional and putting bar stools that can be hidden underneath when not using since my husband eats and watches tv non stop. The only problem I worry with that is we would have moved the focal point to one side and have this open space in the dining room. The only reason we have a hutch is for storage of old china from his late grandmother. However, we don’t use it and there’s two patterns and I only like one of them. That’s why I was thinking they should be displayed on floating shelves.

What do you think is an easy resolution to declutter this space?

Comments (39)