SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmwalsh85

Bold kitchen cabinet color how to match adjoining room?

Julie Schmooley
5 years ago
Hi fellow Houzz users! I’m remodeling a very old colonial home and I’ve decided it’s time I embrace color and stop being scared to use it with decorating! I’m attaching a photo from famous Emily Henderson’s recent Portland project. The dark green cabinets, white marble like countertop, aged brass hardware and white blacksplash I am absolutely 100% sold on. I want to copy! I want to do 2 upper white cabinets, and my kitchen will have a bit of a white wall and door to pantry, and around the built in fridge.

Here’s where it gets tricky... I’ve custom built a stone archway that leads to my favorite room in the house which will be dining/den. I love the idea of a dark moody statement wall.

Things to note: flooring will be honey pine like old colonial houses, and across from where my statement wall will be, will be a freshly repointed old stone foundation with floor to ceiling windows.

Still in construction zone but I’ll add photos I think will help (first photo is Emily Henderson’s), the rest is my house.
Thank you!!!!

Comments (4)