SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgysmom2

Best Christmas Ever

georgysmom2
5 years ago

Last year was my easiest Christmas ever. I was sick and spent it in my new p.j.'s and new robe. This year I feel as good as I have felt in two 1/2 years. Good thing, too since everyone is coming this year. I've been wanting a real tree for several years and decided what better time to do it than this year since the grands are coming. So we got a real tree and put it in the kitchen. DH couldn't believe I wanted to put it there but frankly, when I have friends over, we mostly gather in the kitchen. Besides, it's what I call my kitchen tree. The tree is decorated with all edibles....gingerbread men, candy canes, little boxes of raisins, lifesavers, animal crackers, and tootsie roll pops.

Tonight DH and I had Christmas Eve dinner by the kitchen tree.....lobster, shrimp chowder and champagne. I grabbed my one Waterford champagne glass a friend gave me 40 years ago and toasted her. (she's 91). I haven't heard from her in a long time....sent her two birthday cards in June and various E-mails. I've been worried and of course, thinking the worst. So, I mentioned to my husband that I was using "Shirley's glass" and said here's to Shirley. I told him how worried I was and he said, "Oh, didn't I give you the card she sent?" I could have killed him but was overjoyed to hear all was well. I said I was going to give her a call after dinner. We came in the family room after dinner to listen to some Christmas music and the phone rings....it's Shirley! Best Christmas present ever........that''s the second time I said that today. Visited a friend this afternoon. She shares the same cleaning girl I have. She has her on Sat. I have her on Wed. I certainly don't need her this Wed. when she's scheduled to come, but on Saturday, everyone will be leaving and I sure could use her. My friend Suzi said she would change days with me. It just doesn't get any better!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you all have the best Christmas ever, too.

Comments (10)