SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Update on the best Christmas ever, thanks for the support

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Well since my brother was going to be at my folks on Christmas eve and Day we made a decision as a family to stay at home and enjoy our selves. Popcorn, chips and Candies where the lunch on Christmas day and that nigth cheesy potatoes and a ham. No one got out of their jammies all day long and we played guitar hero and watched movies and opened and played with new presents. Let me tell you it was so stress free I loved it. I think it will be an annual thing, loading 4 kids, dozens of gifts, and all the kids stuff sucked last weekend. We had to leave some presents and the bags were piled up on the floor and between all the seats.

We worked out a deal that we would come down on Saturday to spend Christmas with my family. My sis and I decided if my naughty brother showed up our families would leave. But when I got there I was having a heck of a time with my prozac being doubled and I was a little bit wacky so had to stay over. Worried Cory would show up but didn't have to worry about that. My folks decided to get a new Suburban and would take our old truck to trade in and give us their suburban a 2003 with 80000 miles, our truck was a 2000 with 17000 miles on it, so we got the better deal. It was a big help for us and will make things better. Everyone liked my nostalic, vinage and homeade gifts for once which made me feel so good. We hadn't heard from Cory and then heard the rest of the story from my mil and my sis.

My bil is friends with my brother and he told my mil that he (cory) had been drinking for several (4 or more) months. But it was okay because he could control it. Mom got a call right before we were to eat and turn out Cory went to a party and got drunk, then continued drinking at a bar and then went drinking at an after hours party when he preceded to get into a physical bar fight. No one knows what happened after that, he didn't call us , or my folks. My little brother that has hired cory had told him to never call him if he as in trouble and if he continued drinking he would be fired. My sil said that Cory has been causing lots of marital problems which I can totally understand. My dad and baby brother when to the AA members house where Cory was and he refused to talk to my family and wouldn't come home to exchange presents or eat with us. I think that this may be it. Dad and I talked about what he had done to me and he said that Cory admitted everything to him. Dad also said Cory wasn't active in AA or recovery and was about to fall off the wagon, this was on Saturday before he got in trouble. All I can say was that this was the best holiday ever and I do hope he gets help, but he has drinking problems along with very serious mental and sexual issues that need to be resolved befor he can stop drinking.

Thanks for all the prayers, hugs and thoughts, I am going in to therapy tomorrow and hope to work on some issues. I am going to have Rhiannon go in too, she has big ears and has heard some conversations and is deathly afraid of Cory and I am not sure if anything has happened sexually with her.

God bless you all

Stacie

ps Happy new year

Comments (6)