SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender12145

Rug over carpet , color palette for master bedroom

lavender12145
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Here is the picture of our master bedroom. Right now we have the bed, and the dresser with art on top. The rest of the room is empty. I want to put two chairs sonewhere In the room. Either where they already are, shown in the pic. Or in place of the dresser, or right in froby of the fireplace facing each other.

The design dilemma is the wall-to-wall carpet which we will not be replacing. It is golden brown with a square pattern on top in BrOwn. I want to put a rug in there, but I want a navy and fuschia color schemE in accents. My questions are :

1. While keeping the carpet, can I even do this color scheme? I m not v fond of the pattern or the color of carpet but it’s very high quality woolen carpet so I don’t want to replace it.

2. this is what I have thought of in color scheme. Neutral beige or grey chairs with fuschia cushions. A geometric pink/ brown rug in between them , and an ottoman on it. Navy blue lamps on Nightstands. Thoughts?

3. Would a gold Sputnik chandelier look good?

4. Any good stores ( online or physical) For shopping for rugs? It seems there are sooo many options online, can’t make up my mind which one will look good. Biggest dilemma is what will look good on already existing patterned carpet.

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County