SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phooneycat

Small Patch Repair/Refinish of White Oak

phooneycat
5 years ago

Due to a small flood that I had in my house, all of my first floor white oak floors had to be refinished. The refinishers did a good job overall. There was one area along the edge of the baseboard about 2-3 feet long and 1-3 inches deep that looked like a bunch of sealer or poly had pooled and no one noticed. We made a note of it and the refinishers tried fixing it by sanding that area and putting 3 coats of poly on it. You can still see the area where they made a mistake. It actually got bigger. It's noticeable but since it's on the edge of the baseboard, I think most people won't notice it unless you point it out.

Our house is less than a year old so this bothers me. It bothers my husband more. Their plan is to sand a larger area along the edge of the wood boards and then refinish it. I've told them to hold off as I feel that if they attempt to repair it again, they will make it look worse and this will be an even larger area that will not blend in with the rest of the floors. They used Bona Natural Seal and Bona Traffic HD.

Do you think we should leave it as is or let them repair it? Thank you!

Comment (1)