SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Low FODMAP entertaining menu?

elba1
5 years ago

Hi folks, has anyone hosted a dinner party that followed the low FODMAP guidelines? My brother has been having serious digestive issues and his doctor just put him on the low FODMAP diet, which he is trying to follow strictly to feel better and begin healing. He knows onions and garlic are particularly problematic at this time. I'm asking because I host Christmas every year and it has always been a big lasagna dinner with meatballs, sausage, chicken, etc. My brother said he would be fine if I just left a piece of chicken plain out of the sauce for him, and a baked potato. There are about a dozen of us, and I'm trying to decide if I should ditch our traditional menu and have one that my brother can eat, as I haven't bought any of the food yet. I don't know much about FODMAP, although I have heard of it, and looked it up - I know there are lists of high and low FODMAP fruits, veggies, etc. but I won't have time to research it enough to plan a whole new menu from scratch. I believe I have seen this diet mentioned on here before, so I thought if anyone follows it for themselves or a family member they might have a holiday meal suggestion that would be low FODMAP compatible? Thanks!

Comments (29)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!