SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klcinaz

What color rug for this surprise basement makeover?

klcinaz
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We're surprising the kids (boys 10 & 13) with a basement makeover on Christmas morning. They hangout down there playing video games and have sleepovers with friends and we all watch movies together there as well so we want to cozy it up. Because it is a surprise we can only do so much without them catching on. We plan to keep them out of the basement for only a day or two before Christmas to pull it all together. Everything is going expect for the sofa which is black leather. The sofa is from Ikea and can be taken apart to be a sofa and separate chaise so we are playing around with re-configuring. Even the 10 inch arms can be removed.

So far I have purchased a new 55 inch television and Langley Media Cabinet from World Market. What I need help with most right now is the rug. I need to get something ordered soon. I'm looking at a shag so it's comfy to sit on Safavieh California or Safavieh Milan but what color??? The concrete floors are painted gray with a blue undertone and the walls are a cream. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Comments (34)