SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethohio3

Office with daybed: Need pillows, bedding, window treatment

Beth
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We haven't been in our new house very long and my office is pretty bare. I have a computer desk, credenza, and sewing desk, all of which I'm keeping for now. There isn't any other furniture in the room. I work from home, so a "real" desk and credenza is essential. I spend 8+ hours there every day.

I've been historically bad at putting rooms together, so I am doing a mood board so I can buy pieces that go together all at once. I already have the artwork (it's being framed right now along with a quilt sample my grandmother made) The room is already painted SW Optimistic Yellow and I love it. (Typically I end up with a room of nice stuff that doesn't QUITE go together)

I am feeling pretty good about the choices here--I love the rug. The pink daybed will be my reading space and double as our second guest room.

I like the lighter Moroccan pillow a lot, am okay with the blue one, but it will need more pillows since daybeds are so deep. It'll also need a cover for the mattress--and I'm not sure what color to go with for that. If I could find it, I'd probably match the daybed exactly but I don't think that's likely. I do sew, so I could make something if I found the right fabric. I haven't given any thought at all to window treatments. Privacy is not an issue.

Wants:

--Pillows

--Daybed cover

--Bedding

--Window treatment

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone can share. Storage is not an issue in this room, beyond my desk, because I have a large walk in closet for sewing supplies, fabric, extra office supplies, etc.

The room (the french doors to a tiny balcony face north):

East wall:

North wall:

West wall

The mood board:

Likely art work (and I have some other pieces):

Thanks!

Comments (2)