SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
storybookhome

Master Bedroom Library Wall

Storybook Home
5 years ago
(No pics. Home still under construction). My new house doesn’t have a ton of storage/display space and I have lots of books and collectible pieces I don’t want stored in boxes. I’ve always wanted a library with a sliding ladder. My Master has one wall broken up by two doors (entry and bathroom) and the wall across has a giant window. There is then the front and back wall which are completely blank. The room is large enough my king bed could go flush against the back wall or moved off a few feet towards the center of the room. I’d like to have a built in library wall added to one of the walls with ladder. My concern with the back wall is if it would make the room feel cramped, walking behind the bed to access it. My concern with the front wall is, for resale, would people be put off by not having an area in front of the bed for a TV on the wall? My concern in general, is a master library wall too outlandish for most people? I’m not planning on moving for decades so resale isn’t a top priority, but I’m just curious peoples thoughts on this. Sometimes things happen and you have to sell unexpectedly. Conversely maybe there’s something practical about this I’m missing people might warn me against. It’s an expensive undertaking so I want to think it out thoroughly.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions