SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_455135441

Need Paint color and general decorating advise please..

Mark Lawson
5 years ago

Hi folks,
My name is Mark and I found this wonderful forum while researching paint colors.
Im updating my home for possible sale in next 18 months and would greatly appreciate any / all recommendations. (Im single, slightly color blind and apologize in advance the number of questions).
Just painted foyer, living room, kitchen and upstairs hallway in SW metropolitan grey and my contractor is tapping his foot waiting for the other colors. Id rather not use meteopolitan for the other rooms and dont want it looking like a bag of skittles with too many colors.
1. office - faces NW and has a mirrored back wall. tested several pueters / greiges and may try charleston Grey next (see pic). will also be getting a smaller desk.
2. Guest bedroom(NW facing)
3. Master bed & bathroom. Bedroom is a skyish blue with darker blue back accent wall. Is their a better accent color for the back wall that i can also use in the bathroom?
4. Upstairs guest bathroom (just stripped wall paper)
4. Basement bathroom (no pics).
General advice
Living room
Can I use an accent color on Fireplace mantle to warm it up?
Room has so much white with the moldings and blinds...now wish I chose a wood color for the blinds.
Im moving the orange couch to the basement and will be getting a smaller one. What color couches and area rugs would work in this room?
Any suggestions to reconfigure the layout?
Kitchen
Keep the purplish accent wall?
Paint cabinets?
Remove treatments on top of the window?
Office
Ive never felt comfortable or productive in this space..Im replacing the huge workstation and hoping this small space can become an inviting den / reading area with a smaller desk.
Bathrooms
least expensive options to update master and upstairs guest bathroom?
Just do mirrors and light fixtures?
Thanks for reading....your
suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Comments (6)