SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsdk9

Thermostat going 4 degress higher. Swing was set. Need wire help.

gsdk9
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi,

Hopefully someone here can shed some light on my issue. I will give a little background on it first.

I have a Thermo Pride cma2-75n gas furnace. It was installed new for me some years ago.

For my central A/C the company installed a York D3NZ024N05606A, roof top a/c heat unit(unsure why but it has worked fine.

This past summer I had an a/c charge done and the tech said something about fans in the two units both running at the same time and they should not be and said "I changed some wires in the thermostat as it was wired wrong".

Now, I never had an issue until this winter when we started using the heat. The state that was on the wall would run for about 4degress over set temp. As I knew nothing about heating systems, stats or swing, I figured it was going bad. I replaced it with the same one that was installed and was sure to put the wires in the same spot the furnace guy did(I took pics just for a reference also to really make sure). Now the new stat did the same thing. So, I got another thermostat, we are on number 3 now. Same issue.

I followed instructions in manual to set the swing(.5 degrees) thinking that was the issue. Still running 4 degrees higher.(example: set to 68 shuts off at 72).

Again, I never had an issue until the wires were switched. Can this be the issue? I am not going to switch wires without knowing what I am doing, so asking for some help. Below is two pictures showing wiring at the stat and at the furnace. Some wires are labeled different colors(thats how they were). The red wire that you cant see the label is rc. Black wire is just disconnected.

New thermostat is Lux TX500u.

Thermostat has 5 wires hooked up, furnace has 3, I dont know where to look if you need to see other two).

I just want me furnace inside(not outdoor) my house working like it was. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

P.S, I dont want to call the furnace company back at this point.

Comments (13)