SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oaklandbeth

Gas Cooktop Decisions (LG Signature, GE Profile, Samsung)

Beth A.M.
5 years ago

Hello All,

My partner and I are redoing our kitchen and we're planning on a stainless steel 36" gas cooktop. We originally purchased the Thermador with the cute star burners but realized that they might be hard to clean and that we don't want to spend quite so much.

Some of the design features that we're considering are maximizing cook area with knob placement, material of the knobs (plastic vs metal), visual cue that the burner is on, etc. We've noticed some models also have brass on the burners which is nice since we will have brass hardware.

We need your advice! The new models we're considering include:

Signature 36" Gas Cooktop UPCG3654ST - We can't find reviews, but it looks beautiful. Nice knob placement, knobs light up, brass burners. BUT NO REVIEWS ANYWHERE! This is an offshoot of LG and part of the Signature Kitchen Suite that came out in Jan 2016. Has no one bought this cooktop before?!?!? No rating pn consumer reports.

GE Profile 36" Gas Cooktop PGP9036SLSS - Looks good, no brass, plastic knobs, but they light up. Many positive online reviews. Negative reviews complain about the plastic knobs and needing to replace them. Good consumer reports rating though.

Samsung 36" Gas Cooktop - Stainless steel NA36N7755TS - 2018 #1 rated cooktop by consumer reports, middle burner has brass, knobs are metal and light up. I'm concerned about lost cooking space due to the linear knob placement. Usually I don't have more than 3 burners going at once, but....

My partner and I do most of our cooking on the stove and it will be in our island so we want it to be beautiful and functional.

Please share your advice!

Thanks,

Beth

Comments (5)