Where do I go from here?

HU-131581862

My partners ex moved away with th children meaning he could no longer have them every weekend as agreed. He has them as often as possible around work and with what out money can afford for train fare (he doesn't drive and neither does she) she has recently been having a go at him for not seeing them regularly even after he explained our money situation and that he can't always change his shifts at work. Apparantly these are just excuses. We have had a weekend agreed to se them for over 6 weeks now and have had train tickets booked which she has now gone back on. We found out that she came down to visit friends the other weekend and didn't even ask if we would like to see the kids as she was down. She is now saying she doesn't see why I can't pick them up and drop them back all the time even though I too work and have a small child myself who hates the journey. How is this fair on me? What do I do

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

The situation really isn't about you. These are not your children, and you are not married to their father. He's the one who has to solve the problems, not you. Of course, you want to help. but this is an issue between him and his ex. He can look to the divorce agreement to be enforced. He should probably contact his divorce attorney.

1 Like Save    
HU-131581862

Thankyou. I was starting to think maybe I was being selfish in not picking them up and taking them back all the time

Save    
sushipup1

The parents of these children have issues to be settled, and that should not involve you. Best of luck. It's a hard position, but just keep telling yourself that they need to work things out. Outsiders can quickly become a joint enemy in such disputes.

1 Like Save    
lynny56

Don’t fall into this trap. Live your life for you and your kids .

She asks you to pick up the kids right? Then she doesn’t say she’s in town right? A game player, so take the train tickets and go have fun .

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Working With Pros Sneak a Peek at Where the Pros Go to Get Inspired
At the 2015 Summer Las Vegas Market, thousands of retailers, designers and home pros will gather to discover the latest home decor trends
Full Story
Travel by Design Design Calendar: Where to Go and What to See in July
Gaze at gorgeous Italian glass, wrap yourself in Missoni fashion and grab some shade in a garden installation that adapts to you
Full Story
Travel by Design Design Calendar: Where to Go and What to See in June
Communal architecture, artful wallpaper, spheres, modern chairs and more give us things to think about this month
Full Story