SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shanebyrnes3

Floor Plan Review

S B
5 years ago
Hoping for some review, criticism, ideas, thoughts, etc. on this potential floor plan.

Background: My wife and I just recently bought a new lot in a new subdivision and have started tossing around the ideas of new floor plans. The lot is extremely wide so it would allow for a side entry garage (which we would like). Also, this floor of the house will be 1,800-2,200 sq/ft.

Idea: We like the U-shaped house for a few reasons. It allows for an almost full separation between living area and general area (living room, kitchen, etc.). It also allows for there to be a courtyard in the middle of the house that allows for exterior light and entry to nearly every area of the house and has a courtyard that is much more private than a general deck/porch off of the back of the house.

Want: I’m hoping to get your general thoughts on the floor plan. For those that are architects, experienced builders and those that have general living experience please let me know your thoughts related to building expense as well as potentially daily living issues.

I apologize for the extremely rough drawing. It was done in PowerPoint in an effort to get our mental thoughts and napkin sketches into something tangible. If anyone would volunteer to better drawn this out we would especially love you!

Thank you in advance!!

Comments (35)