SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candy_o_connor

Grout Color/Grout Line Size

Candy O'Connor
5 years ago

After much debate, we have finally chosen a wood like tile for our home. This tile will be throughout the house and replacing a horrible bamboo floor. While it is beautiful, it has been a disaster since installed in our home; living in FL, we have learned the hard way the humidity and bamboo do not go well together!

Since I am really wanted the look of a wood floor, I am really getting trapped up on the grout color and line size. Installer is recommending a Chocolate grout, but I have heard stories of grout turning too light after install and for this reason it is pushing me toward truffle or even black, as I really just want the grout to blend. Would love to hear any thoughts...

As it comes to grout lines, this tile is not rectified- it was the trade off I made for a longer plank (8x36) and I am aware that it may need a larger grout line. With that said, do you think that asking for 1/8 line is asking for issues or is this possible? Manufacturer suggests a 3/16 line. I would obviously prefer 1/8, but also don't want to sacrifice the install. After the bamboo disaster, I have to get this one right!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County