SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

**7th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap**

canyonwind
5 years ago

7th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap!

It's that time of year again, when we get to celebrate with our FOTESS members by sending greetings and well wishes to All! As most of you know, Shirley (sjc48) initiated this FOTESS Holiday Card Swap 7 years ago. This holiday card swap has been very special to her. As well, I know that this swap has been special to the FOTESS group members, including me. Shirley has been unable to log on to HOUZZ and will be unable to host. Jayeanne (pinkiris) will be your hostess with the mostess for this December Holiday Card swap. I will be Jayeanne's elfie helper....ho ho ho!!!! :

As always, this is going to be a very simple swap: If you sign up, you will be sending a holiday card to 3-5 of your fellow FOTESS members who have been current active members since January, 2018.

If you would like to include a small gift in your card, you can, but make sure that the gift is small enough to fit in the card and mailed with just one regular stamp.

As well, since Shirley will not be able to join us in the fun, I thought it would be nice for each of us to send the host of this swap for the past 6 years....Shirley (sc48), a holiday card. I think Shirley would enjoy hearing from her FOTESS buddies.

GIFTIES ARE NOT REQUIRED. THE CARD IS THE IMPORTANT THING!

Sign ups will be held until Sunday, December 2nd. On Monday, December 3, Jayeanne (pinkiris) will email each FOTESSER that signs up, with the names of the FOTESS members you are to send to.

PLEASE KEEP THESE NAMES SECRET - PART OF THE FUN IS THE SURPRISE!

The deadline for mailing your cards is the end of the year. There is no theme this year, you can send in time for Christmas, the Solstice, New Year's, or any other holiday that takes place in December.

If you need addresses, contact Jayeanne (pinkiris) or Annie (canyonwind).

And please remember to write FOTESS on the back of your envelope, so no one confuses it with the other big swaps.

Merry Christmas.... December is a very busy time for all but I do hope that many of you are able to participate.

Thanks....

Annie

Comments (293)

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Amy and Annie ... your '12 days of Christmas' prize is going out tomorrow ...

Love seeing all the photos of everyones beautiful Christmas cards

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Jayeanne, Thank you! I will let you know when it arrives. Super fun games and swap Month!!

Beth, Thank you for the precious kitty and puppy Christmas card. I have all my cards displayed on my entry mirror and it looks so pretty.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas and that 2019 is the Best year Yet!! Take care, Amy

• Related Discussions

new: fotess happy holidays march swap!

Q

Comments (130)
    Hi All! Heidi, we just had snow flurries about 15 minutes ago! I almost cried. But it didn't last and now the sun is shining. My mini daffs are up, but not by much, so hopefully the cold and flurries won't hurt them. I don't have any WS sprouts yet, either. Drat! Annie, it sounds like you will indeed have fun on your special Holiday (which, by the way, is the day after tomorrow!), and I'm still laughing over the joke! Good Job, Sharon! Well, Ladies, everyone has received everything they need to celebrate their very own Holiday on the 26th. There is only one thing left to do for this swap: If you have time on the 26th, would you please email your "send to" person, and the person who sent to you, and wish them a very Happy Holiday!? Many Thanks to all who participated, Jeanne and I both really appreciate the time you all take out of your busy lives to take part in these swaps - you are such a great group! See ya all over on the new April FOTESS swap, Shirley!
    ...See More

new: secret santa seed swap (7th annual)

Q

Comments (101)
    thanks to everyone that has joined the swap so far, feel free to sign up or post on our SECOND thread...see link below................. ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** PLEASE DO NOT POST UNDER THIS COMMENT, MOVE TO OUR SECOND THREAD ****************************************************************************************************************************************** Here is a link that might be useful: santa seed swap cont
    ...See More

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap (7th Annual)

Q

Comments (4)
    this was a hiccup in the initial posting, there is a wish list thread, that is labelled, Secret Santa Seed Swap Wish Lists Only ****************PLEASE see other thread to sign up and post ***********sorry for the second post !!
    ...See More

UPDATE: 3rd annual fotess holiday card swap

Q

Comments (92)
    I have been out of town for several days but came home to beautiful mail! Shirley (sjc) sent me a lovely snowflake card. I always enjoy your one of a kind cards. Thank you so much. Speaking of snowflakes, we finally got some last night. Around midnight, the rain turned to snow. We get snow maybe every four years but this was different in that it happened at night and it was blowing...a mini snowstorm....white all over the place. This went on all night. It is almost 11:30am out here and the snow is just starting to melt off the roof. Funny, people are coming from down the hill to snowboard in the hills, throw snowballs, build snowmen and frolic in the white stuff......CBS and NBC are out and about in their trucks reporting about the snow. Huge story....LOL! It is a bit nippy...temps are hanging in the mid 30's. That is cold for us!! But it is nice...very wintery! I better get outside and build myself a snowgirl........... Happy New Years to all. May your 2015 be beautiful, happy and healthy. Melinda and Heidi, prayers for you. Margo, so happy your son was fine after the car accident.... Thanks Shirley for hosting.....as always perfect! Happy Day! Annie
    ...See More
  • canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jayeanne, looking forward to my surprise!!!!!

This has been such a great month! Thank you Jayeanne!!

Shirley (sjc)....thinking of you!! We miss you!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Annie

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    5 years ago

Margo, did you send that card special for me? Our church did a version of the Who-Ville Christmas story. When Announcement Guy got up to talk about it he said it was going to be so much fun to see Hooters Christmas. He meant Who-Ville. The pastor got 2 texts before announcements were done! A couple people laughed so hard they fell off their chairs. Announcement Guy never even knew he misspoke and the pastor told people it would take longer to explain to Announcement Guy than it was worth and asked us all to just move on. So that's one of our great holiday stories we love to tell! Heidi

• ruthz
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Catching up on cards I've received. Thank you all. I love them.

A beautiful handmade blue snowman card from Michelle

A beautiful winter scene card with a red sparkly R hanging ornament from Jayeanne

A beautiful candy cane with holly card with a little lucky extra tucked inside from Annie

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

SWAPPING HOLIDAY Cards FOTESS style this month.....

Annie - SENT 12/11

Jeanne - SENT 12/8

Faye - SENT 12/10

Beth - SENT 12/12

Jayeanne - SENT 12/11

Michelle - must have mailed - ALL CARDS REC'D 12/19

Margo - SENT 12/6, SENT 12/12

Shirley - SENT- ALL CARDS REC'D

Melinda - SENT 12/3 - ALL CARDS REC'D 12/8

Maggie - SENT 12/11

Ruth - SENT 12/11

Heidi - SENT 12/6

Amy - SENT 12/10

Karen Holt - SENT 12/10

Lisa

Mandy - SENT 12/8

CARDS ARE ARRIVING ....

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU HAVE MAILED OUT YOUR CARDS, AND ALSO PLEASE POST WHEN YOU RECEIVE CARDS *** You may begin mailing your cards out anytime now, the deadline for mailing your cards is the end of the year.

And please remember to write FOTESS on the back of your envelope, so no one confuses it with another swap, thank you!

• PaperFinch
    5 years ago

All my cards are in the mail and should arrive soon! :)

• Karen Holt
    5 years ago

Oh my gosh! I received the sweetest card from Urcoj (JDmomTX). I just loved the partridges in the trees. And then you sent the sweetest note with it. Oddly enough, I never go to Dallas anymore. Now my daughter in law does. Her family lives in one of the outskirts. Your note made me immediately think of the skyline, then the skyline during Christmas. I miss going through there at this time of year. I don't think anyone has Dallas's architectural buildings beat.

Jayeanne! I received my gift today. Oh my gosh, how did you know I would love this? She gave me a gnome Christmas ornament! It fits perfectly with my traditions of a new ornament every year, one that reminds me of someone or something I love, and country themed. Lol. I told you I was all about traditions. :) Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and the ornament. I truly do live it and will always think of you and the fun I had doing this swap. Merry Christmas to you all. And thank you all for a truly sweet part of my Christmas.

Oops! I meant to include a picture....

• l1oness
    5 years ago

Not sure where all of my cards have gone... I mailed them at the post office directly. Hopefully they start to land soon!

• Karen Holt
    5 years ago

L1oness, I understand mail us slow right now. Surely it will be soon.

Jayeanne, I'm so sorry I completely forgot to thank you foir the second ornament! Shame on me. This one too is adorable. Although I'm not sure which I liked the best.... the note with A in roll tide red (adorable!) Or my initial in roll tide red. I love them both. I will get a pic soon and post th at one. You were just too sweet. Thank you.:)

• faerygardener z7 CA
    5 years ago

Mandy - Your card was one of the first - I mention it way up in the thread a week ago. It was lovely!!

• jdmom78
    5 years ago

Glad you liked the card Karen! the secrets out! Ive just now realized I've made a ton of blunders sending my cards out! so those are partridges, not cardinals. ha ha. i caught that about half way through... so if i didn't mention cardinals on your card, you can just ignore that part of the comment. (i was thinking of the chicagoan and missourian in me, although i see them all the time down here in dallas and i also see blue jays just about daily) i also wrote my name as jdmomtx on most when my screen name is jdmom78. fyi its the same ME. :) i tried to go back and correct some but that leads me to my next point... sorry for the mess ups on some of the cards. i also had a few helpers and i was trying to get through them asap with the kids having finals this week!!

i love my FOTESS friends!

p.s. one of you lives very very close to me so you guys can look forward to a FOTESS meeting sometime soon!

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

SWAPPING HOLIDAY Cards FOTESS style this month.....

Annie - SENT 12/11

Jeanne - SENT 12/8

Faye - SENT 12/10 ALL CARDS REC'D 12/22

Beth - SENT 12/12

Jayeanne - SENT 12/11

Michelle - must have mailed - ALL CARDS REC'D 12/19

Margo - SENT 12/6, SENT 12/12 - ALL CARDS REC'D

Shirley - SENT- ALL CARDS REC'D

Melinda - SENT 12/3 - ALL CARDS REC'D 12/8

Maggie - SENT 12/11

Ruth - SENT 12/11

Heidi - SENT 12/6

Amy - SENT 12/10

Karen - SENT 12/10 - ALL CARDS REC'D

Lisa SENT 12/20

Mandy - SENT 12/8

CARDS ARE ARRIVING .... LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAS MAILED OUT THEIR CARDS, WILL UPDATE AGAIN AS THEY ARE POSTED BEING RECEIVED.

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU HAVE MAILED OUT YOUR CARDS, AND ALSO PLEASE POST WHEN YOU RECEIVE CARDS *** You may begin mailing your cards out anytime now, the deadline for mailing your cards is the end of the year.

And please remember to write FOTESS on the back of your envelope, so no one confuses it with another swap, thank you!

• nottougly
    5 years ago

My hand is raised!

• Karen Holt
    5 years ago

I laughed reading the categories. I have a couple more. And my slice of pie for each.... Well January is a good swap month so I'll head over to national gardening site and start repurposing seeds.

• faerygardener z7 CA
    5 years ago

For the religious among us - Facebook post - link after pic if you want to share.

https://www.facebook.com/empathsoldsoulsintroverts/photos/a.715820155246262/1150629588431981/?type=3&theater 

• faerygardener z7 CA
    5 years ago

Jayeanne - Thank you for the beautiful card and glittery ornament - so fun & festive!!

Urooj - I love cardinals, beautiful card, thank you.

• EricaBraun
    5 years ago

Urooj -- I received your Christmas card today. Thank you so much!

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Urooj - Thank you for the Beautiful cardinal Christmas card. The cardinals are abundant here and I love them.

Faye - Thank you for the Beautiful glittery Christmas card and also these seeds:

Pink cockscomb and Kaleidoscope mix 4 0' clocks. I'm getting so excited about getting my seeds started next year.

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Blake - Our second great Grandson:

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Lisa (paperfinch) thank you ever so much for the beautiful handmade 'owl' Christmas card, love it! and the tomato seeds 'orange minsk' have not grown this one yet, we love beefsteaks - will get these started here in another couple weeks. thank you Lisa! very much appreciated! wishing you and yours all the best and may you have many blooms in your gardens to bring you many smiles!

• faerygardener z7 CA
    5 years ago

So, who’s working winter sowing in with their holiday madness? I know Beth asked on the other thread. 13 jugs done and outside, 11 more to go, 5 of those today, hoping to squeeze in more tomorrow. Still waiting on one seed order to arrive (there were quite a few free shipping offers that tempted me over the last month!). Needed to rush all the Alpine climate columbines into the cold as soon as I could, have most of the Rudbeckias done (I like the large flowered ones).

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Jayeanne, Thank you so much for the adorable drummer boy card holder and double choice hybrid spinach seeds. Spinach does very good here in early Spring and my son Garrett loves it. He uses it to make a lot of different recipes. I am hoping to have a big box of spinach growing for him this year! Thank you again for a wonderful month! Merry Christmas! Amy

Shirley, Your great grandson is so precious! What a little angel!!! Merry Christmas!

Maggie, I am hoping to get started winter sowing soon. I know I saw a post from you about what to winter sow. I am going to try and find it so I have more successes than failures by just guessing. I didn't even know Rudbeckias should be winter sown so I am going to go thru my seeds and pull those out. Merry Christmas! Amy

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday and that this New Year is a really healthy, happy year for all!

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Thank you Amy, we love him so, Merry Christmas to you.

Jayeanne, thank you so much for the cute penguin card holder. I went shopping today to find one of these for my Mom's room in the nursing home. Needless to say I couldn't find one then came home and there it was in the mail. I thank you and Mom thanks you. She doesn't get that many cards so this is perfect. Also, thanks for the coleus seeds.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Got mail....

Jayeanne....I received your darling Santa Claus card and the most beautiful RED and glittery "A" ornament. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!! Thanks so much!!

In a seperate pink package from the the Pink Queen aka Jayeanne, I received my 12 days of Christmas prize....love that too...but I am going to keep my trap shut so not to spoil the surprise for the other winners. You certainly did not have to send me a prize. I simply enjoy playing games and never expect a prize. Thank you very much!

Wonderful time this month Jayeanne. Thanks for all the fun....I learned lots of info. The 12 Days Of Christmas game was an exploration of sorts. Knowledge is a good thing!!

Jayeanne, wishing you the best of times, with your family this Christmas. Happy New Year...We have our very important games on the 29th....my Notre Dame vs Clemson and your Alabama vs Oklahoma......Could it be that Alabama and my Fighting Irish will meet on January 7, 2019. Time will tell.....I have my hunch on what will be happening but I will once again keep my trap shut....LOL!

To all my FOTESS pals, Merry Christmas!! Please be safe!! And may the New Year bring you peace, happiness, happy health and a wondrous garden.

And Shirley (sjc)....thinking of you!!

Happy weekend!

Annie

• nottougly
    5 years ago

I received mail this week.

Pinkiris

Sent a F ornament with a beaufiful Joy card

Micrey

Sent a very beautiful glittery card that looks like stamps

Thank you so much. These lifted my spirits way up.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and an extra special 2019.

Faye!

• l1oness
    5 years ago

Margo (smitties) - thank yoo so much for the adorable Who-ville Christmas card and ornament - it reminds me of a dreamcatcher! And the Salsify seeds will be interesting - I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a useful root veggie, Thank you! I love trying new things, and that's one I would never have thought of to try myself. :)

Urooj (JD Mom) - thank you for the lovely card with the night forest scene. It's beautiful - and it's cool to know that you've been near my hometown. We love it here. Lots of vineyards and fruit orchards - they smell lovely in the summer.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Got mail....

Lisa (paperfinch)....another darling card from you! Where in the world do you come up with your ideas??? So very clever and fun!! Happy wishes from her garden to mine....and Seeds Morning Glory Scarlet O'Hara.

Lisa, Merry Christmas to you!! And may 2019 be full of joy, happiness and good things...the things that matter. Cheers to a happy garden!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    5 years ago

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to Shirley who celebrates today. We spent a few days in NC visiting my younger daughter and her family. A nasty, rainy day driving up there, but the drive back was much better.

I received a card from Lisa (paperfinch) today along with a pack of seeds. Thanks so much, Lisa. Also, thank you to Annie and Jayeanne who did a wonderful job as hostesses for the swap this month.

Jeanne

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Urooj (JDmom78) ... thank you ever so much for the absolutely beautiful Seasons Greetings cardinals card, love it! I switched to a different bird food for my birds a couple months ago and the cardinals are everywhere outside. I think it was somewhere around 40+ cardinals outside the other day when I lost count and they started moving around ... they must enjoy their new food as Ive been filling 3 feeders 2x-3x week. wishing you and yours all the best and may you have many blooms in your gardens to bring you many smiles!

• smitties
    5 years ago

Merry Christmas my friends!!

I too received one of the pretty cards from Urooj yesterday With a nice greeting inside. Thank you.

• sandlapper_rose
    5 years ago

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is enjoying this special day.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that anyone heard from Shirley (sjc48). I hope she received her cards from us and is okay. Shirley, we miss you!

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Jeanne thanks for the happy Birthday wishes. It was truly a wonderful day.

Merry Christmas everyone.

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Happy Birthday Shirley! and Merry Christmas to all!

• Melinda Hagen
    5 years ago

Big thank you to Urooj for the lovely card!

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Urooj, Thank you so much for the Beautiful, Sparkling card! I love the sparkly birds. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Amy

• nottougly
    5 years ago

Urooj, I too want to thank you for the beautiful card. Only I was calling the birds Cardinals. Thank you very much and I hope you and your family has the best holiday season ever. Faye!

• ruthz
    5 years ago

Urooj, Thank you for the beautiful card.

Shirley, Blake is such a beautiful baby. The red, green and white toboggan hat looks so festive. Did you make it?

• sandlapper_rose
    5 years ago

I also received a lovely card from Urooj. Thank you so much! Receiving these Christmas cards is so much fun.

5 years ago

this made me laugh! My husband plays Feliz Navodad on the guitar so I ran and showed it to him. Ive got an infected tooth and we are digging out from snow with icwunderneath. It looks like Christmas now! Thank you Lisa! N for thes eecstoo!

• poisondartfrog
    5 years ago

Urooj, thank you for the beautiful jeweled card!

I was surprised to receive a FOTESS card, and a little sheepish. I started to join this swap, but the instructions said I needed to have participated in a swap this year, and I'm ashamed to say, if I had, I couldn't remember it. I have not done much in the way of swaps this year at all.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday, and again, thank you to JDMom78. I loved it!

• sandlapper_rose
    5 years ago

Alana, you're welcome to sign up for a 2019 swap with us. We still have you on the membership list. Wishing you and everyone else a Happy New Year! It was a beautiful day here today with sun and warm temperatures, but we have certainly been getting rain and more rain the past 2 months.

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Ruth thank you for the compliment on Blake, no I didn't make the toboggan. I'm thinking the photographer brought it when she went to take the pictures. I did make Blake a stocking but didn't have it finished in time for the photos. I have made everyone in my Family these stockings with their names on them. They pick the colors they want. Well thought I had a picture of his...will find it and post it.

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Kristan ... thank you ever so much for the 'mele Kalikimaka' wishes! I absolutely LOVE your Hawaiian Santa surfing card! wishing you and yours all the best and may you have many blooms to bring you many smiles!

• ruthz
    5 years ago

I posted January Fotess swap and now it's not there??? Post again???

I'm going to post again. Sorry if it double posts.

5 years ago

I got another card! I think it was misfiled inside my.house for awhile. ohhhhh Christmas craziness! Dollar Tree put out gardening things this week!!! Heidi

• jdmom78
    5 years ago

hey everyone. i just received a cute card from Karen. the kids were delighted to receive mail from HAWAII, our first! So glad to know that you have cardinals down there :) and of course the chickens.... do send a pic of them roaming around. lol. thank you for the chili pepper seeds! I can't wait to plant them soon.

• jdmom78
    5 years ago

Alana, I'm so glad you liked the card. I didn't read if there was a rule about participating in the swap this month, I just decided to send them to everyone! I figured we all love surprise mail (as long as its not bills). i'm looking forward to the Jan swap... headed over there now.