SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amoretheryn

Decorating Dilemma: Mom's New House

Gabriel G
5 years ago

My mom is moving into a new build that she designed from the ground up. She wanted something smaller (1,000 sq. ft) as it will be just her and she hates big homes. I've been helping with the decor planning as they aren't finished with everything for a move in. I need help with putting things in the living/dining/kitchen space. It's a little different than what I'm used to envisioning so that's why I need some help. The flooring is currently concrete and she doesn't want wood or tile. She saw stained concrete floors on Pinterest and fell in love, so we will stick with that.

The walls are painted Sherwin Williams icicle in the living/dining room and all fixtures (lighting and kitchen) are oil rubbed bronze. What I need help with are cabinet colors and furniture (design and color) for the living room. I looked at a few items and was thinking of two tufted love seats with an area rug as she wants to keep it minimal (as do I) to keep the space open. The televison will be mounted on the wall with a possible console table below it. I need to know what else can be done in the other areas.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments (26)