SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totally_clueless

New dilemma: Heirlooms vs New Stuff

Totally.Clueless
10 years ago

~bangs head on wall~

After all my obsessing over the couch my grandpa calls me up and tells me he is thinking of relocating to FL. Awesome! I'm happy for him. But technically I own his house and everything in it therefore when he moved/got his angel wings...I had to do something with all that stuff!!

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I've been tossing around decor ideas since we signed the contract to build our new home in January. Never did it enter my mind that I would be trying to find a home for family heirlooms.

The only two things I have siting in my house right now are:

Two hand stitched turtles from Japan (WWII)

And a Japanese silk screen (WWII)

I do NOT want an all out Asian theme. I have that going on right now and it's time for a change.

There are also about a billion (ok, 100...50....75?) original paintings done by my great aunt who made a living as an artist. She won a lot of awards. There are a whole bunch of water colors similar to this one color wise (think lots of flowers...though there is a cracked egg series and a series of wrapped chairs, some cows...OMG I can't even tell you how many there are)

And random other kinds of art like this:

How on EARTH do I begin to coordinate all these styles? When I was starting from scratch it was so much easier. Now my eyes are bugging out and I'm pretty sure my hair is going to start falling out in clumps! lol

I know I do not have to decorate overnight but I'll be having a baby in about two months and I want the house to look decent when people come over.

~watches clump of hair fall out~

And if someone could tell me how to get the actual photos in my post I would be really grateful.

This post was edited by Totally.Clueless on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 22:20

Comments (17)