SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamiller040256

Miele 240v washer vs other 240v washers sold in U.S.?

M Miller
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I’ve edited my original question of the first/second paragraphs, after looking at choices on ajmadison. My question now is in the 3rd and 4th paragraphs. Thank you for reading, and for any advice.

I have an ancient 240v Miele washer. It needs new ball bearings, a big undertaking. At this point, it would cost really a lot to repair it. And it’s nearing 20 years old so I could spend a lot on this repair, only to have something else go in the near future. I’ve gotten my money’s worth, that‘s for sure.

A new Miele washing machine that uses 240v, the Little Giant, would cost approx. $3800 (for the white one). That is quite a lot. I‘d like a 240v washing machine cause I like the powerful heating ability, and I already have the electrical setup. But are there any other brands sold in the U.S. that use 240v besides Miele? TIA.

Edited to add: in the 20 minutes since I wrote the above post, I checked the ajmadison website which shows two other brands that use 240v - Bosch and Asko. However the Bosch highest water temp appears to be 170F. My old Miele can do 203F. I may only use that setting twice a year, but am very glad to have it when I need it. The Asko W4114CW though can also go to 203F, has rpms of 1400 same as my Miele, and a slightly larger capacity at 2.8 cu. ft. which would be nice.

That Asko is sounding good just from the specs, but I know zero about Asko. So my original question has changed. Does anybody have any advice on Asko vs. Miele Little Giant machines?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022