SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

What makes a good Air BNB?

Debbie Downer
5 years ago

Have a duplex I currently owner occupy, would like to move but on the other hand.... Im thinking I might be able to make better $$$ if I change the tenant's unit to a Air BNB rental. And honestly, it would be kinda fun for me to furnish and decorate it and meet people from around the country or world. Its in an older historic artsy area of town, walkable to lots of restaurants and amenities, so I think it would be pretty desireable but does have the drawbacks of a very urban area - ie some noise from trains, no offstreet parking etc. The deli operation across the street sometimes emits funky odors! It is what it is

I think to a large extent, success would depend on how I set it up and how I interact with my customers, but re: the property itself, what things would be problematic?

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated. Even if I dont stay here, I need to have real estate that works for me and provides some income so BNB would be a way of doing this. Esp. since Im single and happen to be most drawn to big old historic houses!

Comments (16)