SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my_four_sons

Bathroom remodel layout help

my_four_sons
5 years ago

I posted last year, but we put off the remodel while we finished up our basement. We are working with our contractor and plan to get started after Christmas.

Our bathroom is 96”x142”. I’ve attached a proposed layout. We are taking out a tub that was along the window wall. The toilet and shower moved up three feet to where the tub was.

I’m thinking of a small makeup vanity by the shower where I could sit and blow dry my hair, etc. For storage, I was thinking of two small areas of open shelving to store towels, in addition to the 72” vanity (ours is currently 6 feet, so we’d gain another foot of storage, plus drawers for efficien. We have a closet in there now that is a void where half used bottles of nail polish go to die. Our neighboring bathroom has two large closets for storing big items like toilet paper, cleaning products.

Our shower will have a bump out on t

he exterior wall to make sure the plumbing is insulated.

Are there any better layout ideas? The designer our contractor worked with didn’t provide much help. She thought to nix the vanity and add a super large closet (there’s 5 feet of space to use in that corner.)

I’d appreciate any help!

Comments (6)