SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alammy

Husband and Stepson problem

alammy
5 years ago

Hello,

I found this discussion group while searching the internet for help and advice about my situation. I will try and make this short, and I really, really, need opinions about my situation because I don’t know what to do.

First of all, I am in a second marriage. My husband never got along with my son and visa versa. They don’t understand one another. My son, Joe, has mental health issues that my husband does not fully understand. Last year my Joe, moved out of our house. He was staying with us after he and his wife separated and he attempted suicide and ended up in a mental health facility. He stayed with us for 3 years. My husband couldn’t wait until Joe left the house and made it clear to him and at one point, there was an escalated fight. My husband unleashed his fury out on Joe and Joe retaliated Verbally. It was so upsetting and made things very uncomfortable for everyone.

Last year, Joe moved out and got his own place, but due to his mental health problems and having to go in and out of mental health facilities, and losing jobs over it, and many set-backs, he is going to be evicted very soon from his home. Joe has nowhere to go, except to live in his car and it does not even have heat!!..........I am freaking out because I want Joe to come back here to live. There is just no where for him to go, but here or his car.

Now I have to tell my husband that Joe is going to have to come back to live and I just know there is going to be a fight about it. I am worried because I don’t want to have to choose between my 40 yr. Old son with Mental health issues and my lovely-judgmental husband... who I do love but I love my son too and I just cannot turn my back on him And go on with my life. I am at

At a loss. What would you do in this situation? Help Please!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus