SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_martocchio

Has anyone ever had their shrubs stolen before?

So as I’m walking around my yard picking up random items that the wind blew around, I decide to check on my shrubs I planted a month ago..and what do I see?? 3 freshly dug holes, and NO SHRUBS!! WHO STEALS SHRUBS?!?!!! I’m so upset...I work so hard trying to slowly cover all the areas of my yard that I don’t want to mow with shrubbery...that being said, I have a LOT of space to cover! So I try to grab deals whenever I see them, and I grabbed 3 ninebark shrubs that were on clearance because that’s what I did a few years back, and had really great success with how they flourished and how fast they grew. So to see that someone saw fit to actually dig them out and take them?! It’s infuriating!! I live on a dead end street mind you...I feel like they had to be local, but who would be that ballsy to steal from a neighbor and think they won’t recognize them when they grow in?! I just want to know if this has ever happened to anyone before, and how did you handle it? Like I know it wasn’t like a $200 jap maple, but I mean are those what’s next?? I’m so mad...

Comments (22)