SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Ripped up the old hardwood

Cherryfizz
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The work on my house after the water damage 2 years ago is still continuing and is almost done. Yesterday and today workers were here ripping up my 72 year old original hardwood and have the new hardwood acclimatizing to the house before they lay it down. I chose a vintage scraped oak from Bruce. The workers found some old coins from the 1940's and a few other bits and pieces that somehow got behind the baseboards or under the floor. My friend came by and picked up some of the old hardwood and the neighbour wants a few pieces and my brother is taking the rest which has been put down the basement, One of the workers said I should have sold it to them and made some money haha.

Couple of months ago the plasterer fixed one crack in the kitchen ceiling but didn't notice the another crack he fixed had continued down into the wall above the kitchen door. My living room celing looks fantastic. I was hesitant about getting rid of the original texture on the ceiling to make it flat but now I am glad I did. After this is all done I will be getting the plumber in for a quote to put in a sump pump and backwater valve which the City will give me a rebate but it has to be done by February. haha I don't like walking on the subfloor in the living room and down the hallway, I can see down to the basement and it doesn't feel to secure under my feet but the workmen says it is safe. There is a cool draft that is coming up from the basement and I am hoping no 8 legged creatures make it up through those cracks. I will be glad when all the work is finally done.

Comments (19)