SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

New bad-weather project

Annie Deighnaugh
5 years ago

Now that the weather is going south...literally...and I'll be spending more time on indoor projects, there's something I have to tackle that I'm not sure I've ever done...or if I did, it was so long ago, I can't remember. Don't know if anyone else has this same issue:

Cleaning out my costume jewelry.

I am seemingly unable to toss or give away any jewelry *ever*. I not only have my old broken wrist watches, but I kept my mother's, my MIL's and even DH's old maid aunt's broken watches too. I have earrings without backs, and chains that have no clasps, broken bracelets and ear dangles without wires. I have wacky lapel pins from blood drives and who knows what. I also still have old boxes with jewelry from MIL ... definitely not my style as they are all small and sweet and romantic including cameos and bracelets with matching earrings and/or necklaces ... that I have never worn, including screw on earrings whereas mine are pierced. I have boxes of old giant enamel flowers from DH's aunt...remember when they were in style? And every time I go into the box to look at them...all wrapped up individually in ancient tissue...I look, rewrap and stash the box again.

Anyone else have this issue? Advice on how to tackle, what to toss, what to keep, what to give away? Best ways to stow what I keep? Keep in mind I have no children to pass anything down to so giving it to family is not an option.

TIA!

Comments (61)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville