SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

'Bad Weather' Often Starts Here......

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
16 years ago

Have y'all noticed how often the cold fronts coming out of the north or west will collide HERE in Oklahoma (and Texas)with Gulf Coast moisture coming out of the south and then the violent storms march across the country and wreak havoc?

We've already seen it happen repeatedly this winter and early spring (perhaps more often this year than usual). When the fronts collide here, we always have some wicked weather and, therefore, feel greatly relieved when the storms depart Oklahoma and head elsewhere. You know, we have that thankful feeling that it wasn't worse and we're just glad that "it's over".

Inevitably, though, we then hear news reports that same night or the following day of multiple tornadoes and severe thunderstorms that just tear up states like Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, etc. and these are usually part of the same system that marched out of Oklahoma. I almost feel guilty for feeling so relieved that our damage wasn't as bad as theirs.

I think the storms often tend to worsen after they leave us and reach slightly warmer air and higher humidity. Anyway, I wouldn't wish "our" weather on anyone else, but they sure seem to get it worse than we do in the Jan.-mid April timeframe. Often, though, after mid-April, I think we have it just as bad as those other states.

Just an observation.

Dawn

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville