SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

A great day here in SW Florida !

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I awoke this morning ( Sunday, Oct 28th, 2018 ), around 07:45 AM,..strolled into the living room and as I do each morning, looked out at the outside thermometer. It read 63,..what ? Must be a mistake,..blinked and looked closer ! Wow, what a nice surprise ! First thing I did was SHUT OFF THE AC ! Then I got the bright idea to take a quick shower, get dressed but hold off on breakfast,..and instead, went out back, picked up the nozzle of my 100 ' long garden hose and proceeded to drown my four young fruit trees that've been in the ground less than 2 yrs ! Tough guys,..they've been standing tall against this mini-drought we've been experiencing hereabouts for the last 6 weeks ! Do my best to keep them hydrated but occasionally forget, but today's weather was a great motivator !!

Couldn't help but feel energized,..looking up at the magnificent cloudless blue sky while feeling the brisk NW breeze,..what a change ! Finished the 4 trees and then dove into the dense banana plantation and watered them as well !!! Now, at 12:15 PM, it is 74 degrees and the wind has slacked off a bit,...sounds like the definition of " A Chamber of Commerce Day " that I heard when I first moved to S. Florida in 1992 !

Just had to relay my feelings about what a great day is starting out here ! The start of the Fall weather has changed me from a grouchy 'ol Grizzly Bear into a " Smiling Jack " sort of guy ( anyone remember him ? )

Ah yes, am constantly being reminded,...life in South Florida does have it's benefits,...mostly about the great weather,..like today,...am on cloud 9,...whatever that means ! :o)

Comments (8)