SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdaigneault

Paint advice for north/west facing living room + kitchen

Steve Daigneault
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Trying to figure out the right paint color to use in my new house. I want some kind of light grey if possible, I really don't like cream, beige or yellow colors - but after looking around online - it seems like I should be considering darker warm colors. I don't want dark or very warm colors but not sure if I should be accepting the fact I'll need to go in that direction? I thought maybe white but then heard that white in a room like this will look dull and depressing.

Some images to help see what I'm working with:

• kitchen cabinets are dark blue lowers and white uppers with a white/grey quartzite; the quartzite in this image is more yellow than it reads in real life - it's bluer looking than that;
  • bar stools - was thinking of a carmel color leather;
  • Brass lighting and hardware in the kitchen;
  • Living room has 2 large carmel color leather couches, and a walnut media center
  • White oak floors throughout, with a medium stain still TBD - maybe golden oak;
  • I need a new rug, end tables, coffee tables for living room, was thinking of getting white/lighter stone end tables, an oriental rug, maybe some animal skin ottomans;

Can I do a greige/light grey? I've got some paint samples on the walls here - sort of liked repose grey, agreeable grey and abalone.

Attaching pictures of the room and collages of some things I've already selected or am keeping...

Couple rug options I was considering for the living room:

Comment (1)