SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stillpitpat

I found my bulbs!

stillpitpat
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

After trying a million different bulbs for my kitchen, I am going with Feit Enhance dimmable LEDs at 3000k. I suspect I may like 3500k a little more, but I am burned out (pun intended) on trying different bulbs. I now have 4 different packages of bulbs that I need to return to 4 different places, and I don't want to add a 5th. My contractor had put in 2700k bulbs, which I disliked as soon as I saw them. My bright Snowfall White cabs became cream in that light. It's remarkable what a difference there is between 2700k and 3000k. My white is white again (I had tested paints in daylight and with daylight bulbs). So pleased to have this behind me.

I recommend that people exploring lighting actually buy different bulbs and try them out. Those charts that show the color differences are interesting, but nothing beats seeing it in your own home. One thing that surprised me

when I screwed one of these bulbs in was that the warmth didn't look that different when I was looking in the general direction of the bulb (not looking right at it, for obvious reasons). I held up a piece of Snowfall White trim under the 2700k bulb and the 3000k bulb, and that's when I could really see the difference.

*I ordered these from Home Depot, but they also have them at Amazon. They don't have the right size for my lights (R20) at Costco, although they have plenty of other Feit bulbs. Interestingly enough, the CRI for these bulbs is not listed on the Feit website, but Home Depot lists it as 90.

Comments (20)