SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_lane3799

Head swimming with tile choices! I am my own worst enemy!!

Andrea Lane
5 years ago
I have to “design” three bathrooms and a laundry room in an unfinished house that we bought. Honestly my head is swimming with tile choices (and decisions in general). The house was started in the 80s, and it looks a bit like a farmhouse, currently painted red like a cabin on the outside. It is back in the woods, right on the River Bluffs. It is sandy. It is rustic and I have a lot of knotty pine paneling to deal with. Anyways- so the first bathroom is the smallest and that’s what we are doing first: shower, toilet and vanity. I bought a vanity going for a slightly farmhouse vibe. It has a marble top which isn’t ideal but I loved the style of the base. I have to choose tile for floor, shower and wall behind toilet. I love simple walls with a feature wall or feature flooring and simple walls. Also, is it ok to have a matte room floor with a glossy shower floor? Here are some of the choices. I wanted to do cement but don’t want the upkeep, same reason I did not choose a hex marble. I’d love thoughts!! Here is the photo of the small bathroom. I’ll probably paint the walls Pure-White or Sea Salt SW.

Comments (18)