SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavenderandchamomile

need advice for choosing a suspended ceiling for the basement

Hi!
I would love to have a drywall ceiling in our basement, but for access reasons that isn’t likely to happen. Please help me choose an Armstrong ceiling tile!

Our finished basement space is 40 feet long, and 14 feet wide ( with an additional 15 x 40 foot laundry/utility/workshop that we are not currently refinishing.) The height is only 7 feet.

I like the look of the raised panel tiles Armstrong 1201 Homestyle raised panel that is 12” squares in a 24” x24” panel. I also like the 24” square, and the tin like look panels. And I like the wood plank look tiles too.

what is the best choice of scale given that our ceiling is so low? Small squares, large Squares, tin look or planks?

We will have 6” lithonia ultralight flat led lights installed in the squares for lighting, if that makes any difference.

Below is a picture of the Armstrong tiles. The second picture is our basement, before paint and flooring, when I was using the space to paint furniture. The overhead lights and grid will be replaced by this more modern 2 foot x 2 foot grid and led lights.

Thanks for the advice.

Comments (2)