SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_658821785

Attic space in my dream home.

Embee Kra
5 years ago
i need outsideer opinions please!

Im designing my dream home and have the option to add attic space. I could use it for anything HOWEVER I already have an office space, a playroom, a guest room, a home gym, a small personal library spot in the master, and plenty of storage throughout so the attic space wouldn't be needed right away.

The only things I can think of is it could very well come in handy in the future and since I don't plan on ever moving that might be a good thing to have. My oldest and youngest are 10 years apart ( 5 kids 5mon-10years) so while the littles will be happy to play with toys in the playroom for years to come, the older ones won't be into toys so much anymore so maybe a small older kids lounge type space would be nice but we also already have a family room where we will play games and watch movies ect and when they all no longer plays with toys we will convert the playroom into a game room so the attic may become pointless again.

Also, since all of my kids will be sharing rooms except the oldest, I was thinking it might be nice to have that extra space in the attic in case we need to turn it into a small room in the future.

I obviously don't know what the future holds and am still considering adopting as well so extra space to make rooms/hang out spaces could be nice, but I've been designing this dream house for a long time and am certain I have everything we would ever need plus a few splurges. I don't like having space that doesn't get used or have a purpose and im designing my home to not have a ton of extra space so this would be the only spot to convert to something later if we need it but part of me feels like having an attic space is too much.

so I guess my question is this

If you could have attic space that you may or may not use in the future would you still want the space and what would you do with it? Or does it seem pointless because it might not get used much.

TIA!

Comments (17)