SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Pantry closet light

ILoveRed
5 years ago

Our new house is almost finished. originally I asked my electrician for a door jamb switch for my closet pantry since I had one in my last house and enjoyed it. He said the motion light was even better. Ok, that sounds fine. Go for it.

fast forward..pantry is not wired yet for light. Pantry shelving installed by cabinet people with trouble light hanging from ceiling. Electricician finally installed ceiling LED light in the ceiling. Did I mention that electrician is DHs cousin and he insisted to GC that he get our job?

I’m still wondering why we have no motion light. DH hesitantly tells me today that motion light won’t work with LED light and won’t work because switch is in the wall inside a pantry shelf...all according to electrician.

So so now I’m going to have to reach into a pantry shelf every time I want to turn on my pantry light. Plus it’s an outswing door and the switch is on the hinge side of the door. Really a PIA.

i didn’t post this to vent, honestly. I posted this to find out if I have ANY alternatives that you all may know about that my electrician is not aware of or is not wanting to bother with.

is it too late to wire for the door jamb switch that I originally wanted and will it work with the ceiling LED light? Is there any other technology that we can use?.?.

i know...first world problems.

Comments (11)