SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maifleur01

What are you willing to give up to help reduce the world heating?

maifleur01
5 years ago

Several articles in the last couple of days are warning about the earth's temperature increase. In thinking about what changes I could make reducing the amount of energy used lessening the need for production of that energy came to mind. Then I started thinking about all of the "Smart" things that people are using. Most need a constant input of energy even to allow them to "wake up". Most things to produce energy release heat. Current solar must release the heat contained in the collection or the cells would melt. Wind power creates friction and friction creates heat. Then of course are the other methods of creating especially electricity.

The question that came to my mind was what things would people be willing to give up now until better technology was developed to reduce the amount of energy needed. Would you be willing to give up some of your "Smart" things. If you look at how many things are being developed to be run by a computer of some type although each only uses a small amount of energy they all add up.

Just something to think about because beyond using new technology it appears giving up some of what people have came to consider essentials may be in our future.

Comments (41)