SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Best things I did in my kitchen remodel(s)

This forum helped me with three kitchen remodels in three different house. We moved a couple of years ago into a brand new house so I won’t be redoing this kitchen even though it’s got some problems. I thought a thread of biggest hits might be useful to future remodelers so I’m hoping others will post their favorite things!

Induction. I put a bottom of the price range Frigidaire induction range in our last house and it was awesome. (That particular model has since been discontinued.). Incredibly easy to clean, boiled water so fast, held a low temperature so well I could leave my oatmeal on low indefinitely with no sticking to the pot. If I could I would trade it in a New York minute for the 36inch Kenmore Pro gas range top the builder put in our current place. I would never remodel or build a kitchen with anything but induction again.

Kohler Stages 45 sink. Huge splurge for me. I couldn’t believe I was spending that much money on a sink. But it was awesome. I used the shelf regularly. I used the cutting board accessory every day. I had two faucets installed and it was a very functional set up.

Drawers. Every kitchen should have as many drawers as can possibly fit.

Eager to see others’ favorites!

Comments (17)