SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_plahovinsak

Some clarification regarding shovel-pruning

Hello all, thanks to the wonderful suggestions of this forum I have some wonderful roses either ordered or potted for the garage for next spring: Ascot, Paul Bocuse, Koko Loco, Twilight Zone. William Morris, Le Rose de Molinard, The Fawn, and Pompon Veranda. Now, to make room for some of these beauties I think I will need to move and also shovel-prune a couple roses. (Specifically Tranquility. It just seems dirty to me.) I see people talking about this frequently on the forum, and I was under the impression. That I had to wait some time before planting a rose in another’s place. Is that true? What do you all do when you move roses around and replace them? Do you just pot them up for a year or two, or is there something I can do to avoid issues? I am such an impulse buyer, when I first purchased roses at the beginning of this year, I just had no idea what was out there, and am finding myself gravitating more towards roses that are good for cutting. (I’m always happy to take suggestions in that area as well! Thank you all so very much!

Comments (21)