SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brooke_bell85

70’s Colonial Home Update

Brooke Bell
5 years ago
Hello helpful friends!

I am looking to update the exterior of my home, a 1964 Colonial. A bit of information: we live in a community outside of Columbus, OH. I’m looking for some advice as to what you guys suggest we change about the exterior. My husband and I have researched many companies to assist us with the remodel, but many of the companies I have found specialize in interiors (kitchens, bathrooms, etc)

A bit more information:

1. We are also planning on building a detached garage for additional garage space, this will match the exterior of our home (think: carriage house)

2. We haven’t decided on whether or not we would like to paint the brick, but we are definitely going to paint the siding. Suggestions? I do like white or whitewashed brick, but the permanency of that decision makes me apprehensive.

2. Some of the types of exteriors I like: craftsman, shaker, farmhouse. I also don’t mind “traditional”

3. I was thinking about extending a front porch, adding more columns, potentially adding dormers...what do you guys think?

Again, I welcome and appreciate any/all advice. My husband is very handy and can complete most any project, but we will likely hire some assistance for this. I have just been unable to find anyone that an assist with transforming the style of our home.

Thank you everyone!!

Comments (2)