SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Free seeds to forum friends

celeste/NH
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

In a normal year I remove the seedpods and/or scapes before they mature, but this has not been a 'normal' year for me. With my accident, anything garden-related came to a screeching halt on July 21st. Fall is here and the leaves are turning colors, the nights are getting crisp, and today was the first day I was back in the garden, pulling up the brown scapes to tidy up. As I was working I realized there were seeds galore bursting out of their pods and thought that maybe someone in our daylily family might have fun playing the daylily lottery. These are open pollinated by nature, since I don't make crosses, nor do I dabble with seed starting. I grow over 600 cultivars all in close proximity so who knows what you would get. It felt wrong somehow to throw them away so I collected them and labeled them in individual bags. Some cultivars made tons of seeds while others just a very few, so just message me if these interest you. First come, first serve. I can send whichever ones you want and don't be bashful if you want most or all.

VT Autumn Fires (late blooming)

Pinhill Tall Goddess (late blooming)

Spacecoast Blast Off

String Theory

Bittersweet Destiny

Bordello Queen

Early Days

Pilgrim on Earth

Spirit Fox

Volcanic Explosion

Indian Giver

Castle Camelot

Inquire Within

Erin Lea

Open Hearth

Oktoberfest

Olallie Red

Coyote Moon

Alabama Jubilee

Old King Cole

Dragon's Eye

Entrapment

Femme de Joie

Smuggler's Fire

Siloam Golden Gate

Scarlet Pimpernel

Wild One

Ruby Spider

Heavenly Fire Arrow

Tooth

Freedom's Triumph

Hearts and Flowers

Mexican Magic

There would have been hundreds more but I was pulling up tons of scapes before the idea to save the seeds came to me. These floozies escaped....lol.

BTW, I have to wait another 2 months for the inflammation in my shoulder to subside before another surgery can be discussed. I am on the fence about getting the rotator cuff surgery. I know it's a long recovery, on top of my already recovering. But I don't want to be in pain or limited to what I can do. I just am not feeling that much better even though I'm going to physical therapy, doing the exercises at home, and icing my shoulder. My doctor is reluctant to operate because the collarbone is still healing and another shoulder surgery will mean being back in the sling for another lengthy spell. But I want to get back to my strong, healthy self and do all the digging, lifting and hauling I did before I fell and destroyed my collarbone and I'm not sure if physical therapy alone is going to get me there. The collarbone itself is not causing me much discomfort at this point, just the rotator cuff. Has anyone else had surgery for a rotator cuff tear and what was the outcome? And.....in other news.....my oldest daughter has moved back home after a breakup (34 yrs. old!) with her 2 small kids and my tiny house is crowded and in shambles. LOL. I am babysitting the kids, plus other grandkids, while trying to heal. And how's YOUR WEEK going?

Comments (11)