SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

Food in Amsterdam - Just as good as home

I would describe the three cities we visited thusly: London had the least healthy, but best tasting food. Paris was all about the art and my milk shake. Amsterdam has home cookin'. Every meal we ate was tasty, the food was hot and fresh, and we never left the table hungry. We had a $100 sushi dinner that was good but expensive compared to home. Sorry no photos, I just about inhaled it I was so hungry. We've got one more full day and I'm hoping for Indian food. I'll add those photos later. But for now...

Bitterballen (there's another thread just about this dish) that I ate twice so far.

You can't walk past ever single one of these pastry/waffle shops. This was the fourth or fifth before Suzi said, go already! Warm waffle with half dark chocolate and half white. What a sugar rush!

We were walking in the Red Light District and saw a sign for a rack of ribs, side of fries, and salad for 7,50 euros. They weren't the best, but that's only ten bucks US and I licked the bones clean.

This is a half of a massive yakatori skewer lunch! We had yakatori a couple of times and ever single one was thick, moist, and tender - perfectly cooked.

Comments (11)