SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fayebeekins

Pottery barn sofa fail

fayebeekins
5 years ago

About a year ago I bought a barely used Pottery Barn Grand Roll Arm Sofa and Chair. They are upholstered in ivory performance everyday linen. They were basically in mint condition. I paid about 50% of retail, not including tax and shipping. While they are definitely the most comfortable sofa and chair I have ever owned (my previous couch was from cost plus and cost $300) they are impossible to live with. My cat loves to scratch the linen so the chair is covered with blankets and sheets and the sofa is covered in a plastic cover, think 1980s grandma. I have tried to sell them, but I would take a substantial loss. I am considering buying covers in a washable fabric from comfort works, but that would cost $800 to $1000 depending on fabric. But maybe that would be just throwing more money towards a couch I don't love. It just hurts because I was trying to score a deal and I probably should have just shelled out for a family friendly slipcovered sofa from the very beginning. Urg. Live and learn. What would you do? Take a huge loss and just sell and start over? Or invest in the washable, removable slip cover?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022