SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Cookbook Book Club

User
5 years ago

A question was asked about a Cooking Club and I thought I would share our Cookbook Club. We've been meeting for 4 years now and meet monthly. The hostess picks the theme (cookbook, chef, country) and provides the entree. The rest of us bring a designated item which we do on a rotating basis -- vegetable, salad, bread, starch, dessert.

This month it is Pioneer Woman. Last month it was a recipe from any cookbook published in 1950 or before. We've done African, Mediterranean other than Greek, Keto, Jamie Oliver, Ina Garten. A favorite was your favorite restaurant dish.

Recipes are brought to share and we've had some amazing food. Because there is enough of us we have two of vegetable, salad and dessert. We NEVER talk about what we're bringing and the amazing thing is that the meal is perfect -- it's like we planned it. We don't have someone bringing a broccoli dish, someone else bringing a broccoli dish and someone else bringing a broccoli salad. It's telepathic I think!

We've also done some different months -- like the time a local pizza guru came and showed us how to make pizza at home.

We've eaten a lot of food that we've never eaten before and probably will never make.

Our only rule is that it HAS to be a recipe you've never made before so if you're a big fan of Pioneer Woman and have made a lot of her dishes and you're bringing dessert, it has to be one that you've never made before.

We've done a few road trips -- to the city to eat at a middle eastern restaurant at Christmas. A full day in the city with breakfast, cooking related shopping, mid morning snack, lunch, cooking related shopping and dinner. We ended up just getting a few entrees at each stop and sharing. For dinner we all got an appetizer which we shared and then ordered 3 desserts which we also shared. So we got to taste a LOT of food but didn't overeat.

Our next adventure is visiting the Pioneer Woman in Oklahoma next Spring.

Martha

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz