SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathygreif

Bare Wall - Add Lighting, or Art, or ...?

Kathy G
5 years ago

We have a fully open modern floor plan, which I love. Most of the walls are a medium blue which I also love. I was given design advice to paint one of the walls white, otherwise it would be too much blue; I agreed and painted it the white of the hall, so that those spaces connect. I got a gorgeous Restoration Hardware media center + we have a giant TV. Yet, the wall is very plain. I don't know if I should:

1. Add something in the right corner like one of those arc lamps (or something like a sculpture?)

2. Instead of the small white leather benches (which are really just a placeholder), put something tall, flanking either side of the TV/stand? And if so, what?

3. Add some artwork (but I like minimalism and already have a large painting nearby)?

4. Other ideas?

Note: We have a major feature wall in view - stone that goes up our stairway, so adding a feature wall isn't really an option.

I have attached three photos - one of the room from the wall view so you can see the furniture/decor in context. Then a long view of the blank wall, and a closer up view.

Note: I know the TV isn't centered on the wall; it is, however, centered with the furniture. This makes the space on the right about twice the size on the left, which is why I don't think two matching things work as well as putting something in the corner.

I appreciate any/all ideas:)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!