SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
englishlies2000

Antique Roses for High School.(project)

Well, my son, Nik, is trying to do a project that keep getting denied. He almost did one for summer but he was short of a few weeks so again he could not complete it. He needs this done so he can get a diploma in IB program.
Last night, I talk to him and suggested old garden roses. I ask him whether he heard of Tudor Rose. He said yes Bec he studied the history . Good then maybe he heard of a war called War of Roses. That he did not know so I filled him info about white roses vs Red. I am not getting into the history but this is how it went.
Told him almost what I knew from rose wate,oil to edibles and how fore- parents grew them and uses it also for medical. About Crusaders basically the whole deal.
This is just a mere conversation but he went to school. He got all 15 approvals.
I told him antique Bec it does not need much caretaking , they are survivals and disease resistant. Even if you feed them little fertilizer they can grow. Basically ,they are easier to take care off.
I need 10 roses that will grow well in hot, humid, in rain mostly. Any suggestions ??? I need continuously bloom not once bloomers so kids can learn and get involved. They were learn to appreciate and who knows maybe they will grow some.
I don't mind buying 10 roses. Nik is going to start a club there and hopefully it continues. He is also willing to share credit with kids who cannot get the last one Bec it is so challenging.
I will be taking all the kids with me to Rose society beginning of the month . So, they will pick up more information. I better warned them :) and also to my place so they can see.
MSLD, is one I am thinking Bec it has story behind. I know , Ingrid grows it well and blooms be
autifully.
I am going to pick him up and he is going to show me the plot. No idea if it is amended or not.
okay, got to go...thanks guys
jin

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County