SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whineconnoiseur

sinks, faucets and wood counters-- outta the box ideas?

5 years ago

I'm really thinking I want to do wood countertops, primarily because I just can't find any stone that I really love. I'm considering marble, but I'm afraid of stains. Etching I can deal with.

I've had wood counters before, except I haven't had to deal with them around a sink. I will have two sinks in my new kitchen so I'm really brainstorming options here. One of my sinks will be against a wall. I'm thinking I could do a wall mounted faucet and that might help with drips and splash? I also thought an apron front sink would minimize one edge of water touching. I came across these two ideas when digging around (see pictures) I like the idea of the inset marble piece in the first picture, but I'm wondering how large it would need to be proportionally to not be weird? My island is 8x5 so a big wide landing zone like this wouldn't work.

In the second pic, it looks like they just pulled the sink forward a bit to make a wider section behind for the marble inset for the faucet. Is that what I'm seeing? or do you think this is a narrow sink?

Got any other thoughts/ ideas?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz