SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof/Groof post: Really food network?

amylou321
5 years ago

Remember when food network had, you know, cooking shows? People explained and demonstrated how to make food from scratch? It would promote trying to MAKE new dishes, MAKE your own salad dressing, MAKE authentic international cuisines.

Now, that sentiment is gone. Instead, they want to do marathons of cooking competitions (which to me, are entertaining, but rather dumb because taste is individual and subjective, and therefore the "judging" is rather meaningless)

The change in lineup isn't what frustrates me though. I like Chopped and stuff because i like to see what they come up with. But I do miss when the majority of programming was actual cooking shows. How I miss the "Two Fat Ladies" and others like them. I wish they would play more of the older episodes of "Barefoot Contessa" and anyone remember Jamie Olivers first show, "the Naked Chef?" Loved that. I miss Nigella Lawson too. Why did they stop playing her shows???? SO fabulous she is. Every few months a channel pops up on youtube that has all the original episodes of such shows, but after a few weeks it disappears, i assume it gets flagged down by the copyright narcs.

But i digress.

The frustration is the fact that now food network has a new line of salad dressings, marinades and cooking "kits" for sale. Its like they said, "screw it, just buy it in the bottle/box, add water and mix." Ugh. Granted, I haven't tried any of the products, (and never will) but for crying out loud, have they no shame? I guess they want people to buy and prepare one of their tika masala kits, grab a bag of salad and a bottle of their super processed dressing, and settle down to a night of culinary cage fighting. (Side note, does anyone else roll their eyes at the smack talk on these shows? Yeah, Bobby, you cant TOUCH my cinnamon rolls....oh snap!)

No thank you food fight network. I will spend 3 times as much on a bottle of yummy olive oil, one of vinegar, some fresh garlic, and fresh herbs when i cant grow them myself, and enjoy the taste of dignity on my salad.

I feel the need to add my frustration is with the network selling out and going against the original goal of said network, which i would think would be encouraging people to make and enjoy scratch made food, not with people who buy or use such ready made stuff. So if you're into that, enjoy it. No shade from me. So don't fuss at me please.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!