SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aishwarya_kaple

Urgent Help Required For Plumeria Obtusa

Aishwarya Kaple
5 years ago

Hi all!

I had planted a Plumeria Obtusa last year in a park near my house. I had no clue about how to care for it and all I did was offer it some fertilizer occasionally. It was initially planted in a spot where it did not receive sunlight, so I recently replanted it to a brighter spot and it seems to be doing okay with sufficient sunlight at its disposal. While I am more aware now on how to care for it, I’d be grateful to receive some useful insights on the following issues:

1. Soil Over-Moist:

The garden soil is quite moist and I have read that Plumerias do not like over watering or overly moist soil, that’s why I don’t water it frequently. I am worried that the extra moist might cause the root to rot. Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

2. Pesticides Over-Dosage:

Recently my plant was heavily affected by white aphids and that’s why I had to use a recommended pesticide (named Imidacloprid) to get rid of them. I have only used it twice in the last 15 days however I am worried of the negative effects it might have on the plant. My friend’s houseplants died because of over dosage. I will stop using the plant medicine now as the aphids have reduced. But can someone share how to care for the plant in case of pesticide over dosage?

3. General Help:

I had planted my Plumeria for a very special reason and it’s the only tree I have ever planted. I share this emotional connect with it and I really wish to see it grow in a healthy and beautiful way. Since I am new at taking care of the plant, any other general tips and suggestions on how to take care of it better, will be helpful! I have attached a few pictures of my Plumeria from today morning for reference. We reside in Bombay, India. The weather here is usually warm and humid, which ensures that my Plumeria receives enough sunlight. I feed it with an organic fertilizer twice a month. I used Epsum Salt (magnesium sulphate) once after the plant was replanted recently because a friend said that it will help the plant recover from the sudden shock of replanting. I hope you guys can help me ensure a healthy growth of my plant. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks a lot everyone! :)

Comments (11)