SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_755357612

Honest opinion needed! Front porch paint advice

Amanda W
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello! I have a paint problem that is causing me much agony. Anyone a color expert?

My husband and I bought a 1880s craftsman “fixer upper” a couple years ago and just got around to painting the outside of the house.

We painted the body Shadow Gray (BM) and the trim Chantilly Lace (BM). We need to re-do the front steps still (will have budget to do this next year) but in the meantime we wanted to sand and repaint our front porch and steps.

our front steps are a combination of wood and concrete so we can’t really paint the risers white..... but I chose Cheating Heart (BM) as the deck accent color as we will want to do shutters in that color eventually too.

well, as you will see, painting the front steps the. Cheating Heart looks TERRIBLE. I hate it! It makes my gray look blue and the stairs just standing out way too much. I do think I would like the color if we could paint the risers white.... do you think I should even if some are concrete?

or, do you think the color in general is terrible and we should

pick something else? We are prepared to paint another color if someone can suggest something better.

would love any advice!!!

Comments (29)