SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beths96

Honest opinions needed-would you get new cab. for above my sink?

beths96
14 years ago

Hi everyone! I used to post on here all the time during my remodel in 2004. I'm here to ask your honest opinions on something.

I didn't put a cabinet above my corner sink when we did the kitchen, and this was because I really thought it would bother me while I would be at the sink. I'm not sure exactly what I thought would bother me, but I decided to just leave the wall in the corner empty. Now I have two black and white framed prints on either side of the corner.

I recently thought of two options for that corner:

1. Get a hinged corner cabinet, 27" wide, for additional food storage.

2. Get some type of glass-front cabinet for the corner, put my china and glassware in it, and that would open up the deep cabinet above my refrigerator for food storage. This is currently where i keep the china.

A problem here is that we had to put a small soffit to hide plumbing on that part of the ceiling, and there's also a small light fixture above the sink. It hangs down, so I don't think I'd be able to put the same crown molding on top of this corner cabinet as I have on all my other cabinets.

Will it look silly to install a cabinet in this corner without the crown molding that's on all the others?

I'm worried I'd be making a mistake in the overall look of the kitchen....but I really do need the storage space, and honestly, that corner is just wasted space right now. Sure, the black and white prints look nice, but I could put that 27" on both sides to better use.

What do you think?

THanks!

Beth

Here is a link that might be useful: my kitchen

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH